Thursday, April 5, 2007

TV on DVD

I am very excited that Sopranos and Entourage are starting again this Sunday on HBO. These are two of my favorite shows and the unique thing about each of them is that I only started watching them in the past year. I'm not sure who originated the idea of selling TV shows on DVD, but I think it is one of the best decisions that has been made in the entertainment industry. TIVO and other DVR services are great, but if it weren't for TV shows being available on DVD, I would never have been able to enjoy either of these shows. I blogged before about the possibility of not paying for cable anymore and instead buying shows on iTunes, and renting them from Netflix. As I stated in that blog, watching sports would be one potential problem with that system, but another is the fact that HBO does not release any of its shows on iTunes.

No comments: